Looking to do some extra giving this holiday season? Check out these options, some dedicated to Thanksgiving. Into natural wines? Gloria in New York’s Hell Kitchen is closing out its Natural Wine and Brewer Dinner series with Nathan Kendall. Meanwhile in the East Village, Indian restaurant Old Monk is open Thanksgiving Day, serving complimentary meals to all.
- On Tuesday, the W Hotel in NYC’s Union Square hosted panel of women in the food and drink world called What She Said: Female Leaders in the Food & Beverage industry. Speakers included bartender and philanthropist Lynnette Marrero, Dead Rabbit beverage director Jillian Vose, restaurateur Stacy Pisone and bartender Meaghan Dorman. Portions of ticket sales went to benefit No Kid Hungry.
- Feed Your Soul Bakery is holding a toy drive now until November 28 as participation for #GivingTuesday, celebrated on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Costumers who donate a toy will receive a cookie.
- The Bowery Restaurant Group is cleaning out its storage space and selling kitchen and restaurant equipment on Saturday, November 18 at 33 Great Jones Street starting at 8 a.m. A portion of sales will benefit The Bowery Mission, an organization that serves over 10,000 meals every Thanksgiving.
- Natural winemaker Nathan Kendall will be pouring glasses on November 20 at Gloria in Hell’s Kitchen as part of the pescetarian restaurant’s Natural Wine and Brewer Dinner series. Ten percent of proceeds will benefit the National Immigrant Law Center.
- Old Monk in the East Village will be serving up a free Indian-inspired Thanksgiving buffet next Thursday. The menu includes turkey meatballs in a curry sauce, tandoori chicken wings, carrot and green bean poriyal with coconut, cumin potatoes, house-baked naan bread, cranberry chutney, mango yogurt and more. Chef and co-owner Navjot Arora says that he aims to serve over 300 NYC residents.