Happy Holi! Today marks the Indian celebration of spring, also known as the Festival of Colors. March is Women’s History Month, and with the 8th marking International Women’s Day, a handful of companies are making an effort to be altruistic to organizations that put women first. In the next coming weeks, there will also be ramen dinners, charitable poke bowls, Tales of the Cocktail and more.
- Comfort in Richmond, Virginia started dedicating all net profits to fighting hunger on March 1, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch. All money leftover after bills and wages are paid will be donated to FeedMore, an organization based in central Virginia.
- In celebration of Holi, Benares Indian Restaurant in Tribeca is offering free thandai—traditional milk and nut beverage—and dessert to guests. There will also be plenty of gulal—colorful powder—to throw and be covered by!
- Tote bag activists, FEED, are dedicating a series of bags in honor of International Women’s Day. Founder Lauren Bush Lauren is partnering with Julia Turshen, Ulla Johnson, Arianna Huffington and Cleo Wade to create four “Women on a Mission” bags. They’re now available for purchase. Each tote bag bought will provide 10 meals to school kids in need as well as benefit FoodLab Detroit, Every Mother Counts, The Women’s Prison Association and Thrive Foundation.
- Oceana Poke‘s next Celebrity Chef Charity Bowl features a collaboration with chefs Daniel Boulud and Aaron Bludorn of Café Boulud in New York City. Their yellowfin tuna bowl with sweet potato puree, scallions, ginger, orange, sesame oil and white soy sauce will be available at Oceana Poke all March long. Proceeds will be donated to Citymeals on Wheels.
- New York chefs Dan Kluger and Christina Tosi are hosting the fifth annual Cookies for Kids’ Cancer benefit on March 6. The night kicks off with the Art + Cocktails reception where 53 pieces of art will be up for auction. Hors d’oeuvres will be cooked by acclaimed chefs like Ivan Orkin, Daniela Soto-Innes, Dan Perretta, Erik Ramirez and others will follow. Following the cocktail hour, a four-course dinner will be made by chefs Floyd Cardoz, Marc Forgione, Alex Guarnaschelli, Ignacio Mattos, Kluger and more. Tickets and more information available here.
- Stacy’s Pita Chips are releasing another series of female empowerment-themed bags in honor of Women’s History Month. The company is also making a donation this month to Step Up, an organization dedicated to encouraging and furthering leadership skills in young girls.
- Oakland, California’s Ramen Shop is headed east to Brooklyn’s Wythe Hotel for a two-night pop-up on March 8-9. The New York Ramen Dinner, hosted by Reynard, features a three-course seated dinner. Reservations can be made here.
- Tales of the Cocktail, the famed beverage industry conference, is hitting the road and heading to Edinburgh, Scotland! From April 7-10, the New Orleans-based boozy seminar series goes across the pond. Bonus for Edinburgh-based attendees, enter your postal code when purchasing tickets and you’ll get 15% off your ticket price! Find the tickets here.